Friday 16 January 2015

Pinterest as research resource for students


I have just begun a new collaboration with the artist Danny May, who I studied art with at Liverpool School of Art.  He suggested that we begin by sharing a Pinterest board which I had not tried before. Pinterest is an excellent resource in the form of an on-line pin-board or scrapbook.  Students could use it as their own research, or teachers could set up a collaborative board for the whole class on a given assignment.  I will definitely be using this in teaching. 
Collaborative Pinterest board 'Under Head' by Danny May and Ben Lloyd
Gustav Klutsis. 'Design for Loudspeaker No.7' 1922 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Florence, we are getting some ideas together for a future sculpture collaborative project, definitely something students could get into.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also use Pinterest in my teaching, its a great resource tool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always thought it was a bit fluffy, but actually its really easy and direct, no nonsense. Down side is it could be addictive, if used too socially

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting, I always find Pinterest a complete distraction rather than useful. I've learnt something here.

    ReplyDelete