Friday 10 October 2014

Introduction

I am new to the world of blogging and also to using technology in teaching.  So beginning on this Voyage of Discovery of how ICT can be used in the classroom is daunting.  I am open minded and believe that ICT is essential in the classroom.  The problem is the vast universe of ICT software out there and where to start.

I begin teaching on the First Award in Art and Design on Friday 7th November.  My hours of observation have been completed, I have begun to get to know the students and I have written a lesson plan.  I feel ready.  "ICT in education is the key to unlocking the skills and knowledge of our future generations of young people.  It is the tool for learning for the 21st century." (McKenzie, 2014).  In this blog I discover if Kate McKenzie's words ring true.

Reference
McKenzie, Kate, (2014) 'ICT in Education is important!'. Available at: http://www.naace.co.uk/1068 [Accessed: 10th October 2014]

No comments:

Post a Comment